Studying MBBS Abroad 2019: Who should Apply? Procedure for Application? Why should you go?
In India, the process of looking for a university for MBBS abroad begins just as a medical student appears for NEET Exams and the reality starts dawning on him/her that admission into the Govt. aided medical colleges is very tough – and the private ones are just too expensive. As the students research their options abroad, they find that in reality there are only a few good universities available.
DTMU, located in Rustavi, Georgia has been one of the most favored destinations for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The syllabus at DTMU is American, USMLE (United Stated Medical Licensing Examination) based. This is definitely the top university for MBBS abroad, not only in Georgia, but also in the whole of Eastern Europe. Local Georgian students have to clear a very tough entrance exam to get admission into this university, however, so far, Indian Students can procure admission based on their performance in their 12th board exams in India.
Who can apply?
- Anyone who has cleared 12th board exams with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their subjects can apply for admission. The selection depends on 12th boards performance.
- Since the syllabus is USMLE based, it is definitely one of the best in the world, and very comprehensive. The applicant needs to be prepared to work very hard.
- The applicant should have a valid passport at the time of application, with a minimum validity of 2 years still available before expiry.
- All three years 10th, 11th and 12th at school should be consecutive, as per the rule of MCI (Medical Council of India).
- The applicant should be fluent in English, and should be able to read, write and understand spoken English very well.
- Each applicant should be ready to go through a Skype interview at the DTMU’s India office, located in Pune, India.
Why should one study at DTMU
- The best university in the whole of CIS and Eastern Europe
- USMLE syllabus
- 100% pass percentage at MCI exams
- The best faculty in Georgia
- Opportunity to clear USMLE exams and qualify for residency programs in The US
- The only medical university in Georgia to have its own hostel
- The only medical university in Georgia to have an attached hostel, within the university compound
A note on who should not apply for admission at DTMU
- Someone who is not willing to work very hard towards his/her goal of becoming a good doctor.
- The one who feels that MBBS aboard is very easy.
- Someone who wishes to become a doctor only because it is his/her parents dream.
- A person who wishes to become a doctor just to get a degree.
- Someone who wishes to become a doctor only because he/she feels that it is a profession that will bring them respect.
Procedure of Application
- The applicant has to contact DTMU’s India office at Pune, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the number 9766322492 .
- The applicant must scan and send, 10th and 12thmarksheets, application form and the passport scan on the email id email@example.com
- There are no service charges levied of any sorts by DTMU India office. All services are free of charge.
There are limited seats in Sept. 2019 batch. Contact DTMU India to know about the procedure as soon as possible.